The main research aim of this laboratory is to consider waste as a resource through biorefinery window and maximize the recovery of their values. For this purpose, studies on biomethane and biohydrogen production from organic material, production of value added materials from organic waste material using eco-friendly microbiological methods, enhancement of biodegradtion of toxic wastes via advanced oxidation processes are studied.
- Biohydrogen production from organic wastes,
- Anaerobic biodegradation of olive mill effluent (OME) wastewater,
- Enhancement of anaerobic biodegradation of OME via advanced oxidation processes (AOPs),
- Co-digestion of chicken waste, cheese whey wastewater and OME,
- Biomethane production from organic fraction of municipal solid wastes,
- Enhancement of biodegradation of organic materials with toxic content using AOPs,
- Recovery of biopolimers from organic wastes using microbial methods, seperation and purification of biopolimers from fermentation medium,
- Green energy production from chicken manure with closed loop membrane supported biogas process,
- Bioremediation of photofermentative hydrogen production using unique immobilization technique
- Investigation of biohydrogen production in immobolized bioreactor systems.
- Keskin, T., Arslan, K., Abubackar, H.N, Vural, C., Eroglu, D.,, Karalp, D., Yanık, J., Özdemir, G. Azbar, N., (2018). Determining the effect of trace elements on biohydrogen production from fruit and vegetable wastes, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, In Press 1-12.
- Duman, G., Akarsu, K., Yılmazer, A., Keskin Gundogdu, T., Azbar, N.,Yanık, J. (2018). Sustainable hydrogen production from wood wastes , International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, In Press 1-10.
- Keskini T., Arslan, K., Karaalp, D., Azbar, N. (2018). The Determination of the Trace Element Effects on Basal Medium by Using the Statistical Optimization Approach for Biogas Production from Chicken Manure, Waste and Biomass Valorization, DOI 10.1007/s12649-018-0273-2
- Keskin, T., Guisti, L., Azbar, N., (2012). Continuous biohydrogen production in immobilized biofilm system versus suspended cell culture system versus suspended cell culture, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 37(2): 1418-1424.
- Casalia, S., Güngörmüşler, M., Bertina, L., Fava, F., Azbar, N., (2012). Development of a biofilm technology for the production of 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) from crude glycerol, Biochemical Engineering Journal, 64: 84-90.
- Gönen, Ç., Güngörmüşler, M., Azbar, N., (2012). Comparative evaluation of pumice stone as an alternative immobilization material for 1,3-propanediol production from waste glycerol by immobilized Klebsiella pneumoniae, Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, DOI 10.1007/s12010-012-9923-1.
- Güngörmüşler, M., Gönen, Ç., Azbar, N., (2011). Continuous production of 1,3-propanediol using raw glycerol with immobilized Clostridium beijerinckii NRRL B-593 in comparison to suspended culture, Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering (BPBSE), DOI: 10. 1007/s00449-011-0522-2.