Precessor Fluid Technologies and Applications Group
Ege University, Faculty of Engineering
35100 Bornova, IZMIR
Tel: 0232 3115813
Area of Expertise
- Biomimetic microsystems (Organ-on-chips, microfluidic systems, diagnostic kits)
- Design of drug delivery systems (microfluidic synthesis of nanoparticles, sol-gel synthesis, vesicular systems, niosome, topical formulations)
- Life science applications of supercritical fluids (decellularization of tissues, processing enzymes, microchip sterilization)
Anahtar Sözcükler: Microfluidics, supercritical fluids, biomaterials, hydrogels, nanomaterials
- Synthesis of a novel stiff hydrogel for cartilage tissue engineering functionalized with nanoparticles fabricated by using a microfluidic platform along with in vivo studies. Funded by TUBITAK (117M843), Principle Investigator, (2018-2020).
- Preparation and in vitro characterization of drug carrier tissue scaffolds by three-dimensional bioprinting for the treatment of bone defects, and its evaluation in the model of in vivo calvarial bone injury. Funded by TUBITAK, 217S365, Researcher, 2018-2021
- Enzymatic reactions in micro devices with a focus on sol-gel technology: experimental study and model development. Funded by TUBITAK (113M050), Principle Investigator, (2014-2017).
- Sustainable Polymers from Algae Sugars and Hydrocarbons (SPLASH). Funded by European Union FP7, Principle Investigator of Turkish partner, (2012-2017)
- Rabia Onbas, Ozlem Yesil-Celiktas (2019) Alginate-silica hybrid hydrogel within microfluidic channels for biocatalytic conversion. Engineering in Life Sciences, 19, 37-46.
- Fatemeh Sharifi, Su Su Htwe, Martina Righi, Hua Liu, Anna Peietralunga, Ozlem Yesil-Celiktas, Sushila Maharjan, Byung-Hyun Cha, Su-Ryon Shin, Mehmet Remzi Dokmeci, Nihal Engin Vrana, Amir Ghaemmaghammi, Ali Khademhosseini, Yu Shrike Zhang (2019) A foreign body response-on-a-chip platform. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 8, 1801425.
- Ozlem Yesil-Celiktas, Shabir Hassan, Amir K. Miri, Sushila Maharjan, Rawan Al-kharboosh, Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa, Yu Shrike Zhang (2018) Mimicking human pathophysiology in organ-on-chip devices. Advanced Biosystems, 2 (10) 180010.
- Elif Ozdemir-Kaynak, Amina Ann Qutub, Ozlem Yesil-Celiktas (2018) Advances in glioblastoma multiforme treatment: new models for nanoparticle therapy. Frontiers Physiology, 9, Article number 170
- Seref Akay, Rene Heils, Hoc Khiem Trieu, Irina Smirnova, Ozlem Yesil-Celiktas (2017) An injectable alginate-based hydrogel for microfluidic applications. Carbohydrate Polymers, 161, 228-234.