Assoc.Prof. Ayşe NALBANTSOY's Lab
Saponin-based vaccine adjuvant development, monoclonal and polyclonal antibody production, in vitro / in vivo immunomodulator effects of natural products and targeted activity screening tests, biological properties and biotechnological use of snake venom.
- Determination of in vitro and in vivo biological activities of natural compounds and molecules from plant and animal origin (cytotoxicity, immunomodulator etc.)
- in vitro and in vivo adjuvant effects of saponins against bacterial, viral and cancer vaccine antigens,
- The development of peptide-based breast cancer vaccine combinations with saponin adjuvants,
- Investigation of the biological and chemical characterization of the snake venom of our country and its potential for pharmaceutical use,
- Investigation of the use of anti-inflammatory herbal compounds in in vitro and in vivo in snake bites.
- T Demiroz, G Albayrak, A Nalbantsoy, B Gocmen, S Baykan. Anti-inflammatory Properties of Centaurea calolepis Boiss. and cnicin against Macrovipera lebetina obtusa (Dwigubsky, 1832) and Montivipera xanthina (Gray, 1849) venoms in rat. Article in press Toxico
- Sarikahya N., Nalbantsoy A., Top H., Gokturk R.S., Sumbul H., Kirmizigül S. Immunomodulatory, hemolytic and cytotoxic activity potentials of triterpenoid saponins from eight Cephalaria species. Phytomedicine, 38, 135-144, 2018
- Çelen, Ç., Keçeciler, C., Karış, M., Göçmen, B., Yesil-Celiktas, O., Nalbantsoy, A. Cytotoxicity of Silica Nanoparticles with Transcaucasian Nose-Horned Viper, Vipera ammodytes transcaucasiana, Venom on U87MG and SHSY5Y Neuronal Cancer Cells. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2018
- Nalbantsoy A., Hempel B., Petras D., Heiss P., Göçmen B., Igci N., Yildiz, M.Z., Süssmuth, R.D. Combined venom profiling and cytotoxicity screening of the Radde's mountain viper (Montivipera raddei) and Mount Bulgar Viper (Montivipera bulgardaghica) with potent cytotoxicity against human A549 lung carcinoma cells. Toxicon, 135, 71-83, 2017
- Nalbantsoy A, Karış M., Yalçın H. T. & Göçmen B. Biological activities of skin and parotoid gland secretions of bufonid toads (Bufo bufo, Bufo verrucosissimus and Bufotes variabilis) from Turkey. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 80: 298-303, (2016).